Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Help with potty training!!!

Okay,
I need some advice from all you wonderful Mother's out there. I apologize in advance for anything gross that I may write :-) I am trying to decide how and what to do about potty training Jacey. I feel like she has been ready for a while now. It's me that is the problem :-(
Last week Jacey started saying "poopy" before taking her diaper off and sitting on the toilet. Forget about the mini toilet or the Elmo seat I bought her. She just wanted to sit on Mommy's toilet and go all by herself. She has done this before and has never actually done anything so you can imagine my astonishment when she actually went "poopy". She did this about 3 times last week. I have read the book "Potty training in one day" and love the concepts but have never tried it because I seriously just don't have the energy right now (the baby has taken all of it) to spend and entire day focusing on potty training. So, when Jacey did go potty I made a big deal and give her a treat. I then tried putting big girl undies on her, training pants, pull ups, nothing at all, you name it, in an attempt to get her to do ALL of her business in the potty. Unfortunately all I've done lately is clean up her messes :-(
So, my question is. How (with out killing myself) do I potty train my dear child without having to sit in the bathroom with her for 24 hours???? Have I missed my opportunities already?
Any suggestions or ideas would be great.

Thanks :-)

3 comments:

Layton Clan said...

AMBER AMBER AMBER!!! It's Jen West/Layton... girl, I have been wondering how you have been doing. I was on the Vance's blog and I saw Amber and Thad and knew there was no other... I am so excited for you to have a girl! We are due with our first boy in about 25 days or so. We are so excited. Please keep in touch, I am going to link you to our blog: www.crazyfunlaytons.blogspot.com and Mel from DS has a blog also, under Jeremy and Melanie on my blog. She just had her second baby, a girl. So good to see you, and you beautiful baby girl! Jen

Melanie said...

Hey Amber!
I love blog world ~ it's always fun to catch up with old friends!
Good luck with potty training... every time Cooper shows some interest I go for it, and then he just doesn't want to do it anymore. And now that we have a new baby potty training will definately have to wait a little longer!

Kacey said...

Hi Amber. It's Kacey (clint's wife :)) We recently tried the potty training in one day concept. I'm not going to lie... he did great the first day (and we only stayed home in the morning) and the next week was really hard. I just about went bonkers! However, after that first week, something clicked and he hasn't had an accident since. I know it sounds like a lot of work but it is worth it! Good luck!