Monday, September 7, 2009

San Diego Trip/Happy Birthday Thad

To celebrate the end of summer and both of our birthday's, Thad and I decided to take a quick weekend trip to Cali. We really didn't care where we stayed so we decided to try prliceline. We've never tried it before so I was a bit nervous. We ended up getting a room at the Hilton San Diego Resort and Spa for a really good price and on Labor Day weekend no less. We left on Saturday morning and came back Monday night. Thad's birthday fell on Labor Day this year so unfortunately a lot of his birthday was spent driving. Sorry baby :-( At least we had a fun weekend!!!

Here we are waiting in line for an hour (I know, we are crazy) for breakfast at our favorite restaurant Kono's.


We spent the majority of our trip at the beach. Jacey sat on the grass by the roller coaster at Belmont Park, patiently waiting for her friend Bentley to arrive.

The Family at Mission Beach

I didn't think it was possible for a child to love the water more than Jacey but I have to admit that Keely has got her beat. The child just couldn't get enough of the ocean. I can't count the number of times the waves toppled her over and she'd just get right back up and play.

I had to constantly make sure she wasn't drinking the water :-)

Jacey and Bentley had fun playing together in the sand.


Our hotel was right on Mission Bay so we had this little beach area to play at.

Jacey and Keely had quite the time playing together.

Keely was not happy that she wasn't allowed to help us build sand castles.

She really just wanted to topple them over, much to Jacey's dismay.

Gina & Jackson just happened to be renting a condo for the week while we were there so we paid them a visit on Monday. The girls had a blast playing with all of the other kids there.

One of the nights we were there Thad and I decided to go out for BBQ. I had a guide book and it talked about "Kansas City BBQ" in downtown San Diego. It's claim to fame is having had several scenes from Top Gun filmed there. I'm all about the movie trivia so we decided to go and check it out. It's literally just a little hole in the wall place with a bar inside and most of the dining done on the patio out front. As we sat outside eating our dinner Thad suddenly goes "Holy Crap". I got scared for a minute thinking, what on earch has happened. The then pointed out that Larry King had just walked in and was waiting to be seated. Seriously, if Thad weren't such a CNN fanatic I probably would have never noticed. He was dressed so casually and was with such a random group of guys. After hearing him talk though, there was no doubt it was him. Thad was sooo excited to see someone famous for the first time. I pointed out that his "sighting" wasn't nearly as exciting as my eating lunch directly across from Blink 182 five years ago and getting my picture taken with them :-) All in all it made for quite the exciting evening.

Happy Birthday Thad!!!!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Okay, seriously.. next San Diego trip I jumping in the back and hitch hiking my way there with you!!!