Sunday, December 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!!!! (Warning-Long post)

Today is my mom's birthday so I thought I'd do a little tribute to her. Thankfully I'm writing this so no one can see me if I start crying. Yes, I'm a ball baby and I get it from my mother :-)

Seriously, I don't even know where to begin. I swear to you that I have the world's greatest mom. I honestly don't know what I would do if anything ever happened to her. I can't count the number of times she has dropped everything to help me with something. When I was pregnant with Jacey and was really sick, she came over once a week and cleaned my house. After I had Jacey she would come over and stay the night and stay up all night with the baby so I could catch up on sleep.

She gets up at 3:00 in the morning to go to work and then still manages to come home, cook, clean, run errands and babysit for me and/or my sister. She is a tiny bit of a clean freak (definitely not in bad/crazy way) and always has such a beautiful clean house. Thad hates that about her because he swears I take after her. You'd never be able to tell by looking at my house which currently looks like a tornado (a 2 year old one) hit. I swear she is wonder women and I will never be able to live up to her image.

She is an awesome cook!!!! She makes the best pies you'll ever have (hint, hint) and any cooking skills that I have came from her. I feel bad for my in-laws because no matter what, I always HAVE to go to my mom's house for every holiday or occasion just so I can have some of her home cooked food.

She is my best friend. I talk to her at least once a day and if I ever just need someone to listen to me rant and rave she's the first one I call. She can calm me down like no one else and always manages to talk some sense into me :-) She is so fun to hang out with. She loves to go shopping, listen to MY music, play games, stay up all night watching movies, etc.... You'd think she was my sister and not my mom :-)

She is serioulsy the worlds best grandmother. My kids absolutely LOVE her as do all of her other grandkids. She is always willing to babysit and loves spending time with the kids. She's even had my sisters kids spend the night just so she could spend quality time with them. She even went out and bought a trampoline for her house so that the grandkids would have something fun to do when they come over.

Last but not least, she is one of the most humble and spiritual people I know. Not once in my entire 33 years have I ever seen her lose Faith. Her answer to any problems is always "Pray about it" or "Are you doing the things you are supposed to be doing?". She never judges, just leads by example. She is a huge example to me and I really hope that I can be as great a mother to my children as she has been and is to me.

Here are some fun pictures of my mom from the past year.
Worlds best Grandmother








Loving Sister

Loving Wife
I love you Mom, Happy Birthday!!!

1 comment:

lAuRa said...

Yea, you do have a great mom! Her and my mom are def. related, awesome women! I swear they're like twins. =) Happy Bday!