Sunday, December 14, 2008

What do trains and Christmas trees have in common???

They are both driving me bonkers!!!! We decided to purchase a real tree this year. I used my mom's old one last year but I had to put each limb in piece by piece. I told myself I'd NEVER do that again. We want to wait until after Christmas to try and get a good deal on a pre-lit artificial one, hence the real tree this year. The tree is/was gorgeous and smells great. At least it did until it pretty much shriveled up and died. Thank goodness it wasn't our fault (I watered it every single day) so the lot we bought it from gave us a brand new one (taller & better) for free. I just Loved putting all of the lights on again. Sheesh that is tedious. Thank goodness my decorations where/are still pretty sparse.
We had never seen the Polar Express until this year when it came on TV. We recorded it and now Jacey insists on watching it EVERY day, several times a day. She is absolutely obsessed with trains lately. Then, Thad got the bright idea to go buy a Polar Express train to put up under the tree. Did he buy the inexpensive one at Target?? Nooooo, not Thad. He had to go buy the expensive one at the train store. It lights up, makes noises, has a conductor that talks and has steam that comes out of it. All that is fine except for when he gets the bright idea to turn it on at 3am and wake everyone in the house up. Not my idea of fun.

Some neighbors down the street from us have their entire back yard turned into a train yard and at Christmas time they give free tours. Thad took Jacey down today to see them and she of course loved it.

The first tree


The 2nd tree

The Polar Express


The backyard train park


My goofy child :-)

2 comments:

Sarah Williams said...

HOLY CRAP- i need to go to your neighbors. my son was obsessed with trains from 18 months -5 years old. i know every train store, thomas the tank engine train and train park there is. my dad even has this train scene he built that can be raised and lowered on his garage ceiling (i'll have to blog about that) soooo i feel your pain on the train obsession. if you use your micheals coupons you can get them 40% off. IKEA has some good, cheap wooden sets too- you know ones SHE can play with and not just Thad.

Steph said...

your goofy child is so dang cute!!! can't wait to see her and ya'll in a week....see ya soon!!!