Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Annual Date night

Once upon a time there was a young man named Thaddeus Mason. Thaddeus reeeeally liked a young women named Amber. He did everything within his power to impress her. He had long stem roses sent to her at work, he had a pizza delivered with the peperoni's in the shape of a heart. He even bought her her very first pair of Lucky jeans. Needless to say, Amber was very pleased with the "Wooing" that occurred. Then Mr. Mason decided to go on a mission. His very thoughtful and adoring girlfriend wrote him faithfully every week and sent him tons, and tons and tons, of goodies :-) Most of you now how the story goes......

Needless to say, once this young man caught the women of his dreams and married her, the wooing immediately stopped :-( Don't get me wrong. Thad is a wonderful husband, he just completely lost the ability to be romantic. (I swear this story has a point). If we do go out on "dates" we always take the kiddos with us. Thad hates leaving them home. So, when Thad told me that he was going to take me on a date, in the middle of the week no less, I was excited.
Then he informed me that he was going to take me to an Awesome concert. We were going to go see Metallica!!!!!

Woo Hoo. Our one and only date night for the year (without the kids) and I got to go to Metallica. Okay, Okay, it wasn't as bad as it sounds but you get my point :-) I actually had a lot of fun although I am partially deaf now :-) I've posted some pics and a video from the blessed event. They were taken with my cell phone so the quality is not the greatest. (Don't forget to mute the music at the bottom, if watching the video).

Thanks for a wonderful night Mr. Romantic :-)





4 comments:

Brenda said...

I hear you there! ;-) I'm not sure that we have even had an annual date night yet! Hopefully soon??? Maybe the more kids - the more likely? Maybe???? :0)

Phyllis said...

Can't believe it, although I know Alex has told me Thad likes Metallica. However, just thought I'd let you know that all four of my boys are going together to see them in SLC on Nov. 3. Crazy.

Phyllis said...

Amazing. All four of my boys are going to see Metallica in SLC on Nov. 3. You can all compare notes.

Jodi Perez said...

You guys are adorable, and your kids are gorgeous. Not sure if you know who I am lol, but Thad was like a brother to me. He was friends with my bro Justin Pierce. Take care love the pics.