Saturday, January 10, 2009

Family Fun night

I decided that an annual date night just isn't enough. So, I got a babysitter and made all the arrangements before informing Thad that he was taking his wife out on the town :-) I was thoughtful enough to at least ask him what he wanted to do. To my surprise he said "Go bowling". Not that I have anything against bowling but he would never go with me while we were dating and we've never gone since we've been married. I think the last time I went bowling was when Lehi 4th ward used to have bowling night once a week. Anyway, I called my sister and arranged a double date with her and Jackson.

I used to be the absolute worlds worst bowler. When I was single it worked to my advantage because all the guys insisted on showing me the proper form I should be using. Needless to say, I am still the worlds worst bowler and all of those lessons did nothing for me. Thad on the other hand was getting strikes left and right. My sister Gina was right behind him. They seriously left Jackson and I in the dust. At least the 1st game anyway :-) Thad tried to give me pointers on my technique and form but I informed him that if the entire singles ward couldn't help me that neither could he. Some one's got to be the comic relief, right?

I apologize in advance for the crappy pictures; they were taken with my cell phone of course.


Me, myself and I.


Action Jackson


Gina the super bowler


Thad the great




The scores from the 1st round: Gina, Amber, Thad & Jackson


The scores from the 2nd round: Same order as above
All in all we had an absolute blast doing dinner and bowling. Thanks for coming with us Gina and Jackson. We'll have to do it again :-)
P.S-Miracles never cease. The babysitter we got was awesome. I came home to a clean house & happy kids. It was her 1st time babysitter for us and hopefully not the last!!!!

4 comments:

Steph said...

sounds so fun! We need a date night like that - maybe we'll look up our local bowling and make a date!

Sarah Williams said...

ok so don't take offense to this b/c i'm totally in the same situation.... you know its sad when you get excited about a night of bowling with your husband. i have friends whos husbands fly them to hawaii or they actually take weekend trips out of town! wouldn't that be the life. but for now its just the occasional bowling or chain food resteraunt date night. HA!are you on facebook? its a fun internet addiction to add in.

Amber said...

Sarah,
It is pretty sad. Getting Thad to go on a date is hard enough. Going out of town, yeah right!!!!!

KAZ said...

Looks like you guys had fun. Cody and I used to go bowling all the time before we got married and now that we have been married we have maybe only gone 3 times.