Friday, January 30, 2009

Close call

A little over a week ago I came home from mutual and found Jacey in one of my t-shirts. She looked so dang cute I couldn't resist taking pictures of her in it :-) She looked & smelled like she had just gotten out of the bath so I asked Thad if he had given her a bath. Not that I minded but it's rare for him to do anything without me asking him to do it :-)

He said that yes, he had given her a bath. What's the big deal, end of discussion. I think not!!!! Like I said, not that I minded but I knew there was something fishy going on. So, I kept digging. He finally admitted that while I was gone there was a teeny, tiny mishap involving my toddler, the bulldog, a tricycle and the pool. Okay, so what happened?????
In Thad's words "Well, she was out back playing with Sassy (the bulldog) and sort of rode her tricycle into the pool." Okay, forget for a second that she's a little dare devil, it had to have been beyond freezing in the pool. Yes, he admitted, she was sort of a Popsicle for a few minutes; hence the warm bath. Thank goodness she is an excellent swimmer, Thad was there and she was only in for a few seconds. I think that will put a stop to her continually asking to go swimming :-) She now understands when I say it's cold, it's cold :-)




7 comments:

KAZ said...

Oh my gosh! That is so scary. Thank goodness she knows how to swim.

Steph said...

oh man! yes, thank heavens she is such a little fish! that is scary...esp. with how cold it is!

LiciRae said...

Oh my Gosh Amber.... I'm not sure what is more scary... that Jacey was in the pool or that Thad sounds exactlly like Adam more and more. What will we do with these boys?

Amber said...

I agree. Thad and Adam are way too much alike :-)

Maren said...

Glad everything turned out okay! She has the cutest curls!

Sarah Williams said...

oh thats funny. he should give her baths more so that he can keep better secrets. and where the heck is your pool fence!? (sorry, swimming teacher in me)

Amber said...

We don't have a pool fence :-( I bought the house when I was single and didn't have kids. It has a security latch on the back door so that children cannot get out. Just one of the many reasons I want to move :-)