Thursday, January 1, 2009

The year in review

Wow, I can’t believe 2008 is already over. Here are just a few of the highlights from this past year:

Thad:

-Quit his job at Whitton Plumbing and officially became “Mason Plumbing & Gas” which enabled/enables him to spend ALL day long with his adorable children and loving wife. (Ha, Ha, Ha)
-Went through 7, yes 7 different cell phones. He finally got smart and got insurance on his latest phone
-Finally loosened up and took his very patient wife and children on a fabulous vacation to California
-Went to Scout camp with the young men in the ward and LOVED it
-Attempted to teach his daughter how to use a bb gun :-(
-Enjoyed his annual date night with his wife. I’m not sure which he enjoyed more-being with me or Metallica (I’m thinking Metallica)

Amber:
-Had an adorable baby girl named Keely
-Lost all of her baby weight (from both babies), woo hoo!!!
-Officially became the accountant, ginny pig, assistant, doormat, etc.... for Mason Plumbing & Gas
-Quickly developed a passion for blogging (writing & reading)
-Became an avid movie lover once again

Jacey:
-Turned two
-Got potty trained (although she still has her bad days)
-Earned the nickname “Bruise” due to all her many bumps, bruises & scrapes sustained by attempting to be “one of the boys”
-Learned how to sing her ABC’s & Count to 10 (sometimes in reverse order :-))
-Decided that her favorite movies this year are Batman & Mulan and her favorite destination is Cali....fornia
-Outgrew every single pair of shoes I bought her within a few months of their purchase
-Became a super swimmer and little daredevil. (Jumping off a 10 ft ladder into the pool)
-Said goodbye to her beloved Bunny

Keely:
-Was born on August 13th
-Continues to gain weight and height by leaps and bounds ending out the year at 17lbs and 26 inches long
-Got her first tooth on Christmas Eve
-Got her 2nd tooth on New Year’s Eve
-Began rolling over ½ way at 3 months
-Began rolling over all the way at 4 months and is now a little rolly polly

The best and worst of 2008 (In my opinion of course):

Best Movies:
7 pounds-5 stars and 4 hankies
Australia-4 stars
Marley & Me-4 stars and 3 hankies
Iron Man-4 stars

Worst Movies:
Twighlight-2 stars
Fool’s Gold-2 stars
Mamma Mia-2 stars
Shutter-1 star

Best Songs:
Gotta be somebody-Nickelback
Love Story-Taylor Swift
Bleeding Love-Leona Lewis
Daughtry-anything off of their album
Love remains the same-Gavin Rossdale

Worst Songs:
Touch my body-Mariah Carey
Higher-Heidi Montag
Anything by Brittany Spears

Best news: Thad quit his job

Saddest news/story: The tragic airplane crash of Doug Kinnaird & Christian and Stephanie Nielson

This has been quite the year. We have truly been blessed in so many different ways. I can’t wait to see what 2009 has in store for us. Happy New Years.
Love,

The Masons


8 comments:

Steph said...

this was a great post...loved it!!! Also, thanks for the delicious dinner and fun night we had w/ you guys! it was fun to meet cute little Keely in person and catch up!!!

lAuRa said...

Wow, way ta go on losing all the baby weight! What's your secret? =) that's my biggest goal. ha your list of best songs...I love all of those songs too! I can't believe your baby is almost 5 months old already, crazy! Your family is so cute!

Amber said...

Steph,
It was great having you guys over. I can't wait until we can come visit you :-)

Laura,
No secret just lots of dieting. I did a weight loss plan for 6 weeks and dropped a lot and then joined weight watchers. It's amazing what can happen just by eating right. I can't wait to see your baby girl when we come up this month :-)

lAuRa said...

i didn't know you are coming up this month! when? It will be great to see you!

Amber said...

We are hoping to come up around the 20th. I'll let you know when we know for sure :-)

TZ Crew said...

I loved the 2008 recap! I should have done something similar. You look fantastic! We need to get together again...soon!

Amber said...

Tia,
I totally agree. With both statements :-) You need to post more. I love to see how you are doing :-)
We do need to get together. My schedule is pretty open. I'll e-mail you and we can pick a day/time :-)

Brenda said...

I can't believe Seven Pounds got more hankies than Marley and Me. I was so embarrased to walk out of Marley and Me, bawling - then I realized the big burly man walking out next to me was crying too. Didn't feel so bad then. But SUCH a good movie!