Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Apples, Apples & more Apples

My girls both LOVE applesauce and eat it on a daily basis. So I got the bright idea to buy some apples in bulk, make my own applesauce and then can it. I think if I never see another apple again it may be too soon. The applesauce turned out yummy but I realized too late that I did not have enough of the right equipment to make it worth my while. Two days & 1/2 a box of rotten apples later I ended up canning only 3 jars and froze about 4 jars. At least I'll have baby food for a little while :-)

Jacey was the best little helper. My mom let me borrow her apple corer/peeler after my 1st day of peeling and coring them all by hand. Jacey loved working this.

All these apples had to be thrown away because they were way too ripe :-(

We did get to make and eat some yummy apple crisp though :-)

Some of the finished product!!!


2 comments:

Steph said...

that looks good - i love applesauce too!

KAZ said...

Wow that is impressive! I would love to be able to do that someday. I bet it was probably a great feeling once you got that done and now you have all that applesauce.