Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Part 2

Gina and I decided to have a combined birthday party this year for Keely and Blaine since their birthday's are so close together. We were originally going to borrow a "bouncer" from one of my friends and then just do cake and ice cream after they were done playing. The day of the party, I found out the bouncer we were going to borrow was broken. Needless to say Gina and I were in a bit of a panic since we had several 2year olds coming over and nothing to entertain them with. We decided to go ahead and rent one.


If we had know that a huge thunderstorm was going to be rolling in right smack dab in the middle of our party we obviously would have made a different choice. Oh well. The kids had a blast playing in the rain. The funniest thing though was that Keely and Blaine wanted absolutely nothing to do with the bouncer. They didn't even go on it once. At least the other kids had fun .


Jackson borrowed his parents popcorn maker and the kids LOVED it!!!!
Playing in the rain
Camden and Daddy

Baby sitting on the bouncer :-)
Keely was so excited to blow out her candles. Blaine...not so much :-)
Gina made them each their own cakes
Ready, set, blow!!!!
Delicately removing the candles, lol.
Hmm. I think I'll take just a tiny taste.
Okay, maybe one more lick.

Okay, now a bite.
Mmm, almost as good as the cupcakes!!!
Jackson had to show her how it was done.

Opening presents. Ooooh, more shoes. Yea!!!
Oh boy, what is this????
Yeah, my very own dolly. No more stealing Jacey's :-)
Oooh another movie.

When she opened this she broke out in song "Dora, Dora, Dora the explora". So cute.
Her favorite gift was the stroller Gina got her for her dolly. All of the kids were fighting over it, even the boys :-)
Here goes the little Mommy.
Pooped out after a long day.
The closest Keely got to going in the bouncer.

A few more tidbits I forgot to write in the first birthday post:
Keely is 35" tall and although she's got some chubbs she is soooo strong.
I'll find her trying to lift the heaviest things sometimes.
Keely is little miss independent. She will not let me do anything for her. Her favorite phrase right now is "NO HELP Mommy, No Help". She gets mad when I try and help her.
Usually this pertains to buckling her own car seat and getting dressed/putting on her own shoes. She can do it by herself and gets soooo mad when I try and help her. If I'm in a hurry it about drives me insane to have to sit there and wait for her to take her sweet old time. If I do it for her anyway she will throw a fit the whole car ride. So not fun. A few more Keelyism's are "What happened?" Anytime someone is crying (especially at church) she asks what happened, over and over and over.....
She also is constantly asking me "What's that???" I'm trying really hard to just find it cute and not get annoyed at it being asked for the 100th time :-)
We finally got her down to only having her "binky" at nap & bedtime. That was a huge feat in itself. I'll have to work on removing it permanently. Now that it's not in her mouth 24/7 she's talking a lot more. Yeah!!!!
I think she is ready to be potty trained. I'm just not ready to do it :-) She tells me all the time she has to go potty. The problem is, she'll pee her diaper, take it off and then hop on the toilet. She's got it just a tad bit backwards. This is making for lots of waisted diapers :-(

No comments: