Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Disneyland-October 2009

Several months ago, Mara won 3day hopper passes and a 2 night hotel stay for 4 at the Disneyland Grand Californian hotel. I heard them announce her name and immediately called her, hence; I got to go with!!!!!!
The last time I was at Disneyland was in High School (I'm not going to say how many years ago that was). A good friend of mine wanted to do something fun before going on his mission so he flew me there and back in a day. Talk about crazy.
The hotel was awesome and it was sooo nice to be able to walk right out the hotel and onto downtown Disneyland or go out another door and walk right into California Adventures.
Since we went at the end of October they had all their Halloween decor up. It was awesome and so was the weather. The parks were crazy busy but I think the longest we waited in line was 30 or 40 min. My favorite day was when we got up at 7:00 and got into the park before they opened. We ran straight to Space Mountain and got right on. To say it was AWESOME would be an understatement. They had changed it up for Halloween and it was soooo cool. We wanted to go on again immediately but dang is it a long walk back to the front only to run through all the winding ropes. So, Mara snuck us down some random hallway which just happened to lead us right back to the very front of the line. Woo Hoo!!!!! We then ran over to the Indian Jones ride. I have to say that was my favorite ride. It was totally like going off roading in the mountains.


(Mara and I in front of Disneyland)
(Monica, me, Mara & Danielle)
The worlds cutest candy corn
Inside the Haunted Mansion

Some random ride in California Adventures
I'm usually up for anything at least once. This ride was crazy. Don't know that I'd do it again.

The Ferris Wheel looked cute but holy cow, the swinging carriages was NOT for me.
I would never go on this again.
We all just barely fit inside this tea cup :-)

Holy Cow. Talk about being dropped who knows how many feet then up and down all over again.
Loved it though!!!!
Had to get the cute Halloween backdrop

You can't tell be we all bought matching Disney sweat pants

Overall it was a fun trip. I was very disappointed by California Adventure park. I thought it would have more "Six Flag" type of rides. Nope. Disneyland was cute but I definitely would rather go their with my kids and watch their reactions to everything.
Thanks for the trip Mara!!!!

No comments: