Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A day in the life of the Mason's....

It seems like ages since I posted anything to my blog. At least I've finally changed my music. One of these days you will be treated to full on posting overload :-) I need to catch up on Disneyland, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and many other fun and not so fun moments. If/When I ever catch up it will be Christmas already!!!

I do have a good excuse though.
I'm pregnant.
The last 2 months have been absolute He@*. And it just keeps on getting worse :-(
You'd think after being soooooo extremely sick with the last two kiddos I'd get a break this time.
No such luck!!!! We definitely are going to be done with three. My sanity, children, husband and family just can't take this anymore!!!!

Just in case you were wondering, here is an example of a day in the life of the Mason's...

Sick all night and then wake up in the middle of the night to...throw up (repeat 2x's)
Keely wakes up at 2am crying...Thad gets to take care of her
Jacey wakes up at 3am and sneaks into bed with us. Thad ends up on the couch and I end up with two little feet shoved in my back all night long
Wake up in the morning...throw up
Thad feeds the girls waffles (for the100th time)
Attempt to go into the kitchen, smell something odd...throw up
See the tornado that has permanently landed on my house...throw up
Go back into my room, smell something odd...throw up
Crawl back into bed and pray that Thad goes to work late
If I have any Zofran, it finally kicks in and I spend all day in bed
If I'm all out (like yesterday and today-the joy's of no insurance)then spend ALL
day in the bathroom
Wake up from my vomit induced coma to find that Thad has called my Mother to
come rescue us. After the best Mother in the world has cleaned the house, done the laundry
and watched the kids I begin to cry uncontrollably. Partly because I'm so happy and partly because I'm so embarrassed to see my Mother yet again at my house :-(
Thad attempts to cook dinner. I smell it and...throw up
Kids go to bed around midnight (That's how Thad rolls)
I eventually fall asleep only to wake up in the middle of the night and it starts all over again!!!!!


And the pity party is over (kind of).

Having a husband that is self employed has it's benefits, insurance is not one of them :-(
The only medicine that keeps me from being in the hospital hooked up to an IV is soooooo outrageously expensive I want to scream. AGGGGGHHHHH.

I haven't been to the doctor yet but according to those handy dandy little online calculators, I'm due the end of June.
Only 7 more months of this. Just peachy!!!!

The good news is that despite being a horrible house keeper and cook, Thad is great at taking care of the kids ALL of the time. He's going to need a year long vacation after this baby is born and I'm sure he'll be going solo :-)

Stay tuned for the posting overload I've promised :-)

5 comments:

M said...

Congratulations!

Steph said...

CONGRATS - or maybe not congrats in some ways -- the sickness sounds absolutely TERRIBLE!!! i am so sorry - if i had that the first 2 times, we would not have a 3. You are brave!

Brenda said...

Yay! Although not yay for the pregnancy - but YAY for baby! I will be praying that it does not last all seven months again for you! You really are brave for taking this all on again! Congratulations!!!!! :)

Melanie said...

Congratulations! Sorry you're so sick again ~ that stinks! I'm right along with you though. I've been so much sicker with this one than the other 2. :( Someone recommended that I try red raspberry tea in the capsule form - it has worked wonders!!! Have you heard of or tried that before?

KAZ said...

Wow! I had to laugh at the part where you throw up because of the smell of Thad's cooking. :) I know that's no fun for you. It is exciting to be able to have another baby.