Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Thanksgiving

I'm slowly but surely catching up :-) Hopefully I'll be caught up in time for Christmas pictures :-)

All I have to do is read a story like this to give myself a good swift kick in the butt to remind me that I have soooo much to be thankful for. My 9 months of grief are nothing compared to the alternatives. So I thought I'd make a short list of the things I am the most thankful for this year (not in any particular order):

*My Mother (and Father for letting me take her away). I honestly don't know what on earth I would have done the past few months if it hadn't been for my Mother. I will be eternally grateful for everything she has done and continues to do for me!!!!
*My husband. Thad can be a royal pain in the butt and sure needs help in the organizational department but I am sure lucky to have him. He has been so great about picking up the slack for me, taking care of the kids, cooking dinner, doing the shopping, and making a living for our family on top of that. I am sooo thankful that he works so hard so that I can stay at home and take care of our kids.
*For great friends and family who volunteer to cook, clean, or watch the kids for me when they have their own families to take care of.
*For the gospel of Jesus Christ that enables me to get through my daily trials and to know that with Faith we can get through anything.
*For my two beautiful girls and baby # 3 that's on the way. I am so blessed that I am able to have children and I thank the Lord for that blessing every day.

Thad and I are also very blessed to have both of our families here in town. I do not like to part from my family so rather than switch off every year, we go to both families houses :-)

This year started out at my Mom's. The entire week of Thanksgiving I had been very, very sick and hadn't been keeping any food down. I know it sounds petty but I prayed all Wednesday night that I could feel good on Thanksgiving so that I could at least eat something that week. My wishes were granted and I felt much better on Thanksgiving. I was able to eat dinner at both my parents and in-laws and had enough room for two servings of my Mom's famous pecan pie :-)

Dinner at the Skousen's

My favorite pie in the whole world

Chilling with my Mom

Why is it that even in sleep Thad looks like he's talking on the phone?

Jacey and Skyler having a hey day on the trampoline

Fun times at the Mason's
(This motorized scooter was the hit of the party)

No comments: