Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bed of Roses

When it rains it really pores. The sickness in our house started with Jacey running a fever of 105, then when that drama died down we all went camping (pictures to come) and Thad and Keely came home sick. Thad just barely started to recover from his nastiness just in time for me to get sick and the entire cycle repeats itself. As I lay in bed this week contemplating my many ailments and what to do about them I suddenly had the urge to watch a really good chick flick. The movie Bed of Roses popped into my head. I own this movie but heck if I could find it so I hopped onto my computer and after a few clicks of the mouse had my Netflicks order on it's way. I remember watching this movie when it first came out back in the late 90's and thinking "I wish I could meet someone that romantic and have dozens upon dozens of roses delivered to my doorstep". This line of thinking is exactly why Thad hates it when I watch chick flicks. Too bad Thad!!!!
As I lay in bed today watching this movie I was in chick flick heaven. I remembered how much I LOVE this movie and how awesome the sound track is. I swear that a good sound track can make or break a movie. Anyway, I'm sure that Thad can't wait unit I'm feeling better again and I can stop romanticizing the day away :-)

5 comments:

Rachel Mack said...

ha! That is great! I think all men are the same way! Whenever I watch some girly show he always says... Don't get any ideas I'm not doing that!

Steph said...

i hope you feel better soon that is no fun!!! i love a good chic flick!

M said...

Oh! I LOVE this movie. Wouldn't it be nice to get flowers every hour on the hour. I need to rent this movie.

LiciRae said...

I love this movie... but the soundtrack is even better. I sing the "ice cream" song to my kids as a lullabye all the time. I feel the same way about chick flicks... it's somewhat dissapointing to know that no man would be that romantic, unless he was gay.

Skousen Family said...

I totally forgot about this movie and my great love for it! (by the way, this is definitely not Darrel writing this but I'm sure you knew that)