Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween & other fun pics

Halloween always drives me crazy. I love it but it is such a process to figure out what costumes to put the kids in. Jacey was a fairy princess last year and her outfit was soooo dang cute. I had a really hard time for some reason this year. After looking all over I finally just decided to have her be Snow White. I figured she could use the dress for "dress up" after Halloween. I got her the dress and several matching accessories (which she proceeded to take off and put inside her halloween pumpkin). I knew she wouldn't wear a wig but I wanted her hair to be black like Snow White. So, I got the bright idea to spray color into her hair. Note to self: NEVER do that again. Talk about a royal mess!!!! I straightened her hair which made it look so long :-) And then began the process of turning it black. It turned everything else black instead and just made her hair look grey. Oh well, I tried :-) I think she still looked cute. After running to my parents and grandparents houses we went to the Schneider's (Thad's bro's inlaws) for homeade Chili, doughnuts & rootbeer. Jacey had a lot of fun going trick or treating around their neighborhood with her cousin Aubrey. We then headed off to the end of a block party in Lehi where Jacey got to jump and play around for a while. Way too much running around. I think we've decided that next year we will just stay home and every one can come to us :-) Jacey got a kick out of Thad's scary monster mask. He put it on and went in to wake her up from her nap. She wasn't scared a bit. She thought it was funny!!!









Yes, my husband really put this stupid sign out in front of our house. I tell you, Jacey acts older than he does!!!!





A few pictures from when we took the YM/YW to Schnepf farms.







Jacey's favorite thing to do at the farm is ride the train. They had monsters, etc... jumping out as us as we rode around. Jacey loved it and kept wanting to see more monsters :-)



My brave little pilot :-)








7 comments:

skousens said...

Although it may be tons of trouble the memories are priceless. Make a book to look back on. One day I'll do that for you, but it's so much easier now. Love is in the Madness.
Dad

Peter Lee Family said...

Jacey is so cute-her hair does look so long straightened. I know she is a complete Tom Boy and so enjoy dressing her up as princesses while you can because now Ashlyn won't even think about it-it makes me so sad. Your little baby looks adorable too!

Maren said...

She makes a darling Snow White! Fun pictures.

brownymama said...

Hey guys! It's Krista Cook-Brown. I was just blog surfing (couldn't sleep!) and I came across your blog. So fun to see your cute family. Glad to see that all is well!

Sarah Williams said...

ok so the metallica story was hilarious. good blog amber. when you first land on it and see thee cute scrapbook pics you think- oh no maybe another seriously so blessed blog. (link on mine if you haven't read it) then you start reading-- pretty dang funny. even funnier b/c i can totally see Thad doing all that stuff. are you loving chia yet?

Melanie said...

Looks like you had a good Halloween tell Thad I would have voted for him anything is better than Obama.
I tagged you check it out on my blog

Melanie said...

Hey Amber!
I need to get your email to send you an invite to my blog ~ if you want one. :)
Email me at foutzfamily@gmail